Friday, May 15, 2009

Work with me!

A recent "boyfriend" of mine broke up with me because he claimed he wasn't ready to date anyone so soon after his divorce. I believed his story of "needing time for myself", and wanting to work on some things in his life before getting involved with someone else.
Imagine my surprise when I log on to one of my usual dating sites, and find his profile on there. Not only was his profile on the site, he was actively signed in, and a gold member! Wow, what a difference a few weeks can make! I guess he's worked on himself enough. Must not have been much to work with, I'm thinking.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE when men do stupid crap like that. How hard would it have been for him to be more honest with you. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Dating Girl! I had a very similar experience and, in fact, on the very day you posted this I received an email informing me that a man I'd been dating had "established a relationship with someone else." Just ten days before, he'd told me that I had "captured his heart" but he "could not commit" to me and was "taking a break from dating." I finally realized that he had actually been seeing someone else at the same time and had kept me hanging around with talk of "friendship" while he made his decision. All I can say is, when someone like this disappears, it's their loss and our gain--painful as it is, they did us a favor, because they clearly are not right for us! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete